2009年4月22日星期三

There is a Lady Sweet and Kind






There is a lady sweet and kind,Was never face so pleas'd my mind;I did but see her passing by,And yet I love her till I die.Her gesture, motion, and her smiles,Her wit, her voice, my heart beguiles,Beguiles my heart, I know not why,And yet I love her till I die.Her free behaviour, winning looks,Will make a lawyer burn his books;I touch'd her not, alas! not I,And yet I love her till I die.Had I her fast betwixt mine arms,Judge you that think such sports were harms,Were't any harm? no, no, fie, fie,For I will love her till I die.Should I remain confined thereSo long as Ph{oe}bus in his sphere,I to request, she to deny,Yet would I love her till I die.Cupid is winged and doth range,Her country so my love doth change:But change she earth, or change she sky,Yet will I love her till I die.

没有评论:

发表评论